Making sure that you are prepared for the upcoming exam is the right thing to do. Knowing the topics of the exam can help you to prepare. UPSSSC Lower PCS recruitment usually requires candidates to understand the UPSSSC Lower PCS syllabus and exam pattern.
UPSSSC Lower PCS exam is a critical exam for those who want to make a career in the government sector. It’s essential to find out as much as you can about the UPSSSC Lower PCS exam and study accordingly. It’s also important to configure a study schedule and prepare accordingly.
UPSSSC Lower PCS Syllabus
Candidates will be required to sit for both stages of the examination, prelims and mains. UPSSSC Lower PCS Exam is a competitive exam conducted by Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission (UPSSSC). The exam is held for the recruitment of various government jobs.
The following are the subjects along with their topics:
- General Arithmetic
- LCM and HCF
- Quadratic Equations
- Perimeter & Area of rectangle
- Perimeter and Area of a circle
- Triangle & Pythagoras Theorem
- Profit & Loss
- Bar chart
- Pie Chart
- Number system
- Mean, median, and mode
- General Intelligence Test
- Venn Diagrams
- Number Series
- Figural Series
- Non-verbal series
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Similarities and Differences
- Statement & Conclusion
- Figural Classification
- General Knowledge
- Computer Basics
- Uttar Pradesh Culture
- Uttar Pradesh GK
- Current Affairs
- General Science
- General Hindi
- For Prelims
There are 150 marks to answer 300 questions. The exam is expected to last 2 hours. In the event of a wrong answer, there is a negative marking of 1/4 on the question.
- For Mains
The candidates who clear the prelims exam will be eligible to take the mains exam. The exam will consist of 2 papers, each carrying 200 points. They don’t have to worry about damaging marking schemes; just focus on the content they have prepared for this exam.
The UPSSSC Lower PCS exam is an excellent opportunity for candidates seeking government jobs. UPSSSC Lower Subordinate exams are held for posts like Assistant Rectification Officer, Marketing Inspector, Revenue Officer, etc. The essential eligibility criteria for these posts is graduation, and these posts are open to all Indians who have completed graduation.
About The Subjects and Important Topics
- General Science and Arithmetic: Arithmetic is the study of numbers, especially concerning the properties of the traditional operations on them—addition, subtraction, multiplication, division. The study of arithmetic has led to many different methods for performing calculations.
- General Intelligence Test: The General Intelligence Test is a standardized assessment that has been designed to assess an individual’s general cognitive ability. It gauges problem-solving skills on a scale similar to secondary education levels or college entrance standards.
- General Knowledge: General knowledge is information that most people have gained through various channels/sources, but specialized learning is most likely obtained with extensive training. General knowledge includes everything from the events of the day to the state of the economy. Important topics are:
- Current Affairs of National and International level
- The Socioeconomic culture of Uttar Pradesh
- Static General Knowledge like State and Capitals, Personalities, Arts and Culture, etc
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Sports and Games
- Indian Constitution
- History and Geography
- General Hindi: Hindi is an Indo-Aryan language spoken in North India. It’s been described as a standardized and Sanskritized register of the Hindustani language. Hindi is an Indian language. It is based primarily on the Khariboli dialect of Delhi and neighboring areas of Northern India. Important topics are:
- Synonym & Antonym
- Reading Comprehension
- Idioms & Phrases
How to Prepare for an Exam?
As a student, you must know the best way to prepare for your exam is to refer the expert guidance available at BYJU’s Exam Prep. While some people might say to study hard and try to memorize as much as possible, others would recommend checking different subjects to properly prepare for a given exam.
While it is essential to master certain subjects, you should also ensure that you are not missing out on other important topics. For instance, if you are going for an entry-level employment interview, make sure that your resume reflects your work experience and skill set that would stand out from the rest. To prepare for an upcoming exam, you should study hard and get the materials that you need available at BYJU’s Exam Prep. You should also find a quiet place where you can focus entirely on your studies.
It would help if you also planned your time so that there is no room for distractions and only study material in front of you. People who don’t do well on exams can try using mnemonics or imagery to help them remember what they studied and how it applies in real life.
Easy Ways to Study
When it comes to studying, people go from being overwhelmed and idling away hours without learning anything to being completely overwhelmed with questions and idling away hours on end without learning anything. Many people feel the pressure of taking an exam, so knowing what to expect on test days is essential. Here are some tips that can help you deal with this situation.
Start the preparation by looking at the content of the exam. You should start by preparing for your specific type of exam before attempting any other kind of preparation. For example, if you want to study for a math test, start by memorizing facts and formulas before attempting any other type of preparation.